Working on the back, you'll need a belt and use a mat or blanket to lay on as you wish.
Step feet up near hips, even weight through soles of feet, sink navel into spine.
Starting with either leg:
- Circle the ankle freely in both directions
- Hands behind knee, around the thigh.
Curl up to the leg on the exhale, lifting head and shoulders, tuck chin.
Return weight of head to mat on inhale.
Repeat two or three times. Don't tire the neck
- Take the belt around a foot, pressing the foot into the belt.
- Arms long with shoulders relaxed toward ground.
- Add weight evenly through foot on ground.
- Work with a slight tuck of the tail bone and draw the low belly inward on exhalations
Balance weight in shoulder blade area
Press foot into floor.
Curl up tailbone.
Drawn in low belly.
Bring arms close to sides, hands pressed into ground, shoulders moving down. On inhale lift hips keeping heel of straight leg on ground, pressing on foot of bent leg.
Hips down on exhale, repeat as comfortable.
Straighten both legs, feet wider than hips. Allow weight to release onto mat.
When ready, moving on an exhale bring knees into chest with hands on knees, optionally curling up to knees.
Place foot on ground and repeat sequence on opposite side.